Fall Shindig 2017: 2 Night Bourbon Country Getaway for Two
August 25 - 27, 2017
WELCOME TO A BOURBON COUNTRY WEEKEND
Escape, sip & explore the birthplace of Bourbon. Get lost in the rolling Bluegrass hills of central Kentucky, during a long weekend with a “top shelf” lineup of Horse & Bourbon Country experiences. Come see the cradle of thoroughbred breeding & racing traditions. Time seems to stand still, as you’re being whisked down a country road to one of the world-famous Bourbon Distilleries, or enjoying the foot-tapping sounds of a live Bluegrass band.
Come and experience the Bourbon Lifestyle, as personal guests of The Bourbon Review founders. Highlights include:
- Private Country Ham, Chocolate & Bourbon pairing with Michter’s American Whiskey
- Private tours of 2 award-winning Distilleries
- Private tour of Taylor Made Horse Farm (home of 2014 Kentucky Derby Winner California Chrome)
- AND a night of great food, live Bluegrass music, and 50+ selections of Bourbons to sample from, at the The Bourbon Review Shindig; set amidst the grounds of legendary Taylor Made Horse Farm
Participating Bourbon companies:
- Michter's (sponsor)
- Buffalo Trace
- Western Spirits
- Maker's Mark
- Woodford Reserve
- Town Branch (Alltech)
- Bluegrass Distillers
- 1792 Barton
- Jim Beam
- Blanton's Single Barrel
- Blade & Bow
PRIVATE COUNTRY HAM, CHOCOLATE, AND BOURBON TASTING, Friday August 25th
The ultimate swine-forward Food + Bourbon pairing: dry-aged country ham, sriracha-candied bacon, hand-crafted chocolate truffles & two "fat-washed" cocktails garnished with homemade pork rinds. Using Michter's Bourbon, we used bacon grease for the "fat-washing" process, because what else would you use for the ultimate swine-forward pairing? This sensory culinary experience is being hosted at Belle’s Cocktail House, in the heart of downtown Lexington.
BOURBON DISTILLERIES AND HORSE FARM TOURS, Saturday August 26th
On Saturday guest will be taken to two Bourbon Distilleries to see how America's native spirit is hand-crafted using centuries-old traditions. Guest will be given private tours of both Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey to see how they make their award-winning Bourbons. (Includes transportation & lunch)
A visit to Kentucky is never complete without a trip to Horse Country. You’ll get VIP access to one the world’s most celebrated horse farms, Taylor Made. You’ll get a chance to see the home of some of the greatest living thoroughbreds of all time. Get a peek into their lavish way of living once they retire from racing and go on to a career in breeding. (includes transportation)
THE BOURBON REVIEW SHINDIG, Saturday August 26th
Capping off this amazing weekend is a showcase of the best things in Bourbon Country. You’ll be whisked to & from the event, directly from the Gratz Park Inn. Music, cocktails, Bourbon tastings & a culinary cornucopia await your senses, to the background of strolling minstrels picking Bluegrass. The genteel manners come naturally, to those donning their best “resort casual” attire. Sample from a selection of 50+ fine Bourbons and get a dose of whiskey education from the Master Distillers mingling with the crowd. Enjoy the artisan-crafted desserts infused with Michter’s Bourbon. Tap your feet to a live performance by “No Tools Loaned”, a local bluegrass band. Dive into Southern-inspired fare as the founders of The Bourbon Review show you the best of the Bourbon Lifestyle. How’s that for Saturday night in Kentucky?
THE HOTEL STAY:
Through it all, you’ll be staying at the Gratz Park Inn. This cozy boutique inn is nestled in the heart of Lexington’s historic downtown, with reasonable walking distance to area restaurants, bars, and live entertainment venues such as the Lexington Opera House and Kentucky Theatre.
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Two nights at the historic Gratz Park Inn. Offer is valid for two guests only.
- Two tickets to The Bourbon Review Shindig at Taylor Made Horse Farm. Guests will indulge in 50+ selections of the finest Bourbon, cocktails, and traditional Southern fare with a side of live music. Round-trip transportation to and from Gratz Park Inn included. All participants must be at least 21 years of age to attend.
- VIP Tour of Taylor Made Horse Farm (home of 2014 Kentucky Derby winner, California Chrome).
- Bourbon Distillery Tours of Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey. Includes transportation and lunch.
- Bourbon Tasting at Belle’s Cocktail House with select expressions from Michter’s American Whiskey. One flight of three Bourbon pours, paired with country ham and gourmet chocolate confectionaries.
- Original print of the Shindig event poster. Designed by Cricket Press, this custom, sought-after event poster commemorates the weekend.
- One-year subscription to The Bourbon Review, an award-winning lifestyle publication that covers the art, science, and people of American whiskey. Subscription includes eight issues of the print magazine.
- Taxes and event gratuities are included.