LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Forecastle Bourbon Lodge, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail outpost at Forecastle Music Festival, will give Bourbon fans exclusive access to some rare sips this year. The new Rarities Bar, presented by Liquor Barn and curated by category director Brad Williams, will feature limited release Kentucky Bourbon expressions, many of which are exclusive to Forecastle.
In addition, the Rarities Bar will debut one-of-a-kind blends, crafted by Williams and Forecastle Founder JK McKnight, available for sample only at Forecastle and purchase at select Liquor Barn locations.
The Rarities Bar will include the following Kentucky Bourbon Trail offerings and Liquor Barn Private Barrel Selections:
• Four Roses Al Young “50th Anniversary” Small Batch
• Four Roses Elliott’s Select 2016 Limited Edition Single Barrel
• Four Roses 2016 Limited Edition Small Batch
• Four Roses 2015 Limited Edition Small Batch
• Four Roses 2014 Limited Edition Small Batch
• Four Roses 2013 Limited Edition Small Batch
• Michter’s 10-Year Old Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
• Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2016
• Old Forester “The Statesman”
• Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 23-Year Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
• Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20-Year Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey
• Whiskey Barons Collection Bond & Lillard
• Whiskey Barons Collection Old Ripy
• Wild Turkey Decades
• Wild Turkey 17-Year Master’s Keep
• Woodford Reserve Double Double Oaked
Liquor Barn Private Barrel Selections:
(with commentary from Liquor Barn Category Director Brad Williams)
• Elijah Craig 12-Year-Old Single Barrel
“The Elijah Craig barrel program was ended several years ago, the program was restarted this year. This particular Bourbon is a single barrel that is over 12 years old, which is unique since the everyday version has removed the 12 year age statement from their blend.”
• Four Roses Barrel Proof Single Barrel (multiple selections)
“These single barrel selections from Four Roses are bottled at barrel strength and will showcase multiple recipes from Four Roses 10 recipe line-up.”
• Knob Creek 14-Year-Old Single Barrel – Forecastle Selection
“This spectacular barrel from Knob Creek is over 14 years old, which is rare these days. It has a great flavor profile of caramel, toffee and oak with a subdued but spicy finish. It’s a special barrel.”
• Maker’s Mark – Personal Blends & Unique Expressions – Cask Strength – Forecastle Selection
“We will have a few different blends of Maker’s Mark Personal Selections. They will be at cask strength, and each type will feature a different barrel stave combination that results in very unique Bourbons. We went through about 20 different stave combinations resulting in these unique blends.”
All Rarities Bar offerings will be released at specific times throughout the festival, only available until limited quantities are depleted. A full schedule of releases will be shared prior to the festival and those with Bourbon Lodge memberships, currently available at ForecastleFest.com, will have exclusive early access to the release schedule.
In addition to the new Rarities Bar, Liquor Barn will again present the Bourbon Cares program. This year’s program will pair Forecastle Bourbon brands with Forecastle Foundation conservation partners to support numerous Kentucky-based projects, including the Green River and Pine Mountain Wildlife Corridor initiatives. Forecastle attendees can purchase the single-barrel private selections by the drink in the Forecastle Bourbon Lodge or by the bottle at select Liquor Barn locations.
Bourbon Cares Private Barrel Selections:
• Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
• Four Roses Single Barrel 100 Proof
• Old Forester Single Barrel
• Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
The Forecastle Festival will take place in Louisville, KY, from July 14-16th.
The post Forecastle Music Festival to Showcase Scarce Bourbons at Bourbon Lodge Rarities Bar appeared first on The Bourbon Review.